I have finally, after much deliberation, decided to post my photos from "The Flaw Project". "The Flaw Project" is a personal photographic project that I got the chance to exhibit in early February, and with this project I wanted to get viewers thinking about society and its perception of beauty. The response has been one that I never could have dreamed of. I have received so many kind comments and messages from people saying that my images touched them, made them feel SOMETHING, made them feel like they didn't have to conform to the fake plasticity that a lot of people think beauty is. Everyone is beautiful. Below is the writeup i created that hung next to the photos.
"The Flaw Project is a
series of photographs of young women in their rawest form. I asked my subjects
to pick a part of their body they were uncomfortable with- what they considered
to be their biggest “flaw”. Then, these women let me dress them and photograph
them, showcasing their flaw for everyone to see. The purpose of The Flaw
Project is to show that everyone has “imperfections” they are insecure about,
and that no one is perfect, and I want everyone to see that they are beautiful-
flaws and all. I’d like to thank all my beautiful subjects from the bottom of
my heart for choosing to participate, as well as my amazing friends for helping me plan and execute this project. It couldn’t have
happened without you all. If you’re reading this I want you to remember that
you are beautiful. Keep smiling."
THE FLAW PROJECT








One thing that is really cool is the fact that you can't tell what their flaw is. Sometimes we are our worst critic
ReplyDelete