Monday, February 24, 2014

CHANGING DIRECTIONS

Why I Am Moving Away From Fine Art Photography
I have thought long and hard about this. I have thought even longer about how to explain it to all of you. I have decided to change directions completely with my photography and stop shooting conceptual fine art images for the time being. I don't know how long I'll be stopping for. It might be a short time, it might be forever. Recently, I have really enjoyed shooting fashion, portraiture, and documentary-style photography and have had such a huge desire to create this type of art. With that, I've been so low on motivation and inspiration in terms of fine art photos and I just can't force myself to create something that I have no passion for. 
This is a hard decision for me. Around 3 years ago I started to shoot fine art religiously and it was an amazing thing in my life that helped me through so much. It gave me an outlet. Since then, I've lost my passion. And I've realized its time to move on? I've gone through all kinds of questions in my head, such as "is this the right choice?" and "Will I enjoy changing my path?". Most of all, my questions have been about you all- my friends and followers who have been so devoted to my conceptual photography over the years. You've stuck around through thick and thin and offered me support through my artistic funks and life's roller coaster rides. And I can't thank you enough. If you don't want to stick with me after this,misunderstand. But I hope you'll choose to stay by my side as I start my new photography journey.  It's gonna be scary, crazy, and exciting. Also, silly. Always silly.
No matter what happens in life, stay motivated and passionate, inspired and youthful. Things have a way if working themselves out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment